Friday, September 08, 2006

Raise your hand if you're going to the CCMA's!

My friend and I totally have our hands raised for that one.

That's right folks. I, Gray Gillies, long time disliker of Country Music, will be attending this Monday's Canadian Country Music Awards. Why, you ask? Because of this lovely lady right here. We've been friends for a few months now and she LOVES country music.

When we met she was totally appalled by my lack of knowledge in the country department, and has single handedly undertaken my education. You know, Country music is not that bad. I still have all the same beefs about it as I do about most secular music. (Mainly lyrics, morals, and marketing) But she gets so much joy from it, that country music has become contagious to me.


I enjoy it because I enjoy her. And on Monday, from the second row, we'll enjoy singing and dancing...and wearing our matching Red Cowboy Hats! Keep an eye out for us, all of ya'll out in TV land.

Moral of the story: You never know where an open heart will lead you!

12 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I have never watched the CCMA's but this year that will all change because I want to see you two with your cool red cowboy hats on...

Friday, September 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Gray, Stephanie Mainville will be at the ccma's , so it can't all be bad. Trying to picture you as a redneck girl, isn't happening.

Friday, September 08, 2006  
Blogger gray said...

There's a good chance that you'll get to see us because we're right next to the stage on the left side. Keep those eyes peeled!

Friday, September 08, 2006  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh Paul, Just because she likes country music and is going to the CCMA's doesn't make her a red neck...it makes her a good friend...

Friday, September 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, I can see her now, sitting , no wait standing yooping, yapping, and howlering, dancing , square dancing, in the front row.

Friday, September 08, 2006  
Blogger gray said...

Square dancing is actually a lot of fun...so shut it.

Friday, September 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know its fun, we had a hoe down here at camp over the summer. :O)

Friday, September 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sorry if i offended you with the dancing thing was not my intention. hope it is fun.

Friday, September 08, 2006  
Blogger Jen said...

Gray, I thnk you should square dance, why? Because who else would do something like that? NOBODY! And then the cameraman would be like WOOO look at her go I should tape her an entertain the rest of the people watching too!!!

So what do I say....I say

SQUARE DANCE AWAY!!!!!

Friday, September 08, 2006  
Blogger gray said...

If my friend is game, I'm all for it! (She won't be, so I know I'm safe!)

Friday, September 08, 2006  
Blogger Chris Burke said...

Hey Gray, you will probably see my pops there, i think he's doing security

Saturday, September 09, 2006  
Blogger A.E.B said...

country music awards! I am so jealous. Let me know if you guys see terri clark.. shes my hero.

Saturday, September 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home