Saturday, August 12, 2006

Brookwood Bound

Well this is it. The night before I, yet again, brave the untamed wilderness of Camp Brookwood. Can I tell y'all that I'm SO EXCITED! I imagine this giddy nervous feeling is what average kids experienced the night before camp. I, on the other hand, couldn't stand camp and really didn't want to go, so for me it was just dull resignation.
But this, this feels great! I can't wait to see old friends and meet new ones.

My sister Emma (cute as a button-by the way) and I are going to be the chaplains this coming week for a bag full of 8-11 year olds. We've put together an awesome superhero training week (hence the logo). It should rock...at least for me...I get to wear a cape! And while a cape doesn't guarantee a good time....who am I kidding it really really does.

I know there are a lot of die hard Medley fans out there, but for me there's just something about Brookwood. I think it probably has to do with the fact that Brookwood is where God called me the day after I got serious about Jesus. I called the camp and said "I want to come and work at camp" and the brilliant folks on the other end said "great". Brookwood is also the place where I felt the thrill of being a vessel for God...that's an addiction I pray I'll never break. Brookwood is also the first place that really said,"we trust you and we want you to lead". Those are some important firsts. Ones that have changed who I am and what I invest in.

So friends, Romans, country folk; lend me your prayers.
  • pray that Emma and I will be clothed in God's holy armor, that we'll have wisdom and discernment, that God will speak through us.
  • pray for encouragement for the weary staff entering their final week of the camping season.
  • pray that lives will be changed by the miracle of relationship with a living, loving God.
  • and anything else the Lord is saying to you!

Thanks in advance for your prayers and thoughts! Can't wait to show y'all the pictures!

Until next week!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gray , didn't you watch the indcredibles, capes are out, they get caught in things.
I hope our Lord gives you an amazing week and that you will have an impact on kids, staff and your sis. Praying for ya.

Sunday, August 13, 2006  
Blogger Jen said...

Gray, don't listen to Paul, I mean the Incredibles was a great movie but capes are still so much fun...I remember when I was little that I use to wear a towel for a cape all the time...and I agree with you, capes do make things SUPER FUN!!! You wear your cape with proud...Evangel Girl!!!

Sunday, August 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Capes.....all the great ones wore them. Batman, Superman, ....okay- so I'm bad at memory- I can't think of any others- but didn't Jesus wear a cape too???? no, maybe not. GOOD LUCK GRAY!! you to are in my prayers!

Sunday, August 13, 2006  
Blogger Kristen said...

Hope you have fun Gray! We're off to Medley next week.

Friday, August 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home