Monday, August 28, 2006

I'm challenged today.

Disclaimer: please don't misinterpret these questions as me being down on myself or having poor esteem. (Though my esteem is not about me but Christ in me.) I'm posting these questions because I really think they're healthy ones. I'm sure you folks are already asking these questions, but here they are anyway!

I think a lot about grace. Here's the thought today: Am I ministering grace?

Am I really trusting the Lord in me and in those around? Am I allowing those I love to have the space to be themselves AND to stumble? Am I trying to regulate their lives and my own with rules and guidelines? Am I a neo-pharisee?

There's a place for methodical discipline. But is my discipline based on God's grace or my need to feel in control? Am I motivated by a fear of "wildfires"? Is it my strength or His Grace?

His Grace is sufficient. Am I living Grace?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

its funny, I ask that alot with where I'm at here at camp. Are we building rules and walls cause we don't trust that God will be able to do it?
Thanks Gray, its good to know others ask questions about Grace.
i'm so wowwed by the fact that your so into the blog.
its like the most I've heard from you in over a year :O)

Monday, August 28, 2006  
Blogger Jen said...

You and your questions!!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006  
Blogger Emma said...

i heart you !

Wednesday, August 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home