Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Neil and Raffi

My Mom is a fabulous woman of God...she's also a preschool teacher. She's influenced my life in way more ways than I can count.

Musically however there have been two main ways...Neil Young and Raffi. That's right, the "Grand Daddy of Grunge" and one of Canada's most beloved children's entertainers.

Here is my opinion. Raffi is not just for 4 year olds. He's got some really profound stuff. Ok maybe not "Banana Phone". (Although it is dangerously catchy). I'd like to share my all time favorite Raffi song. I find myself worshiping on a deep level when I sing this song. It's simple and it's true. It's called...

Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot. Thanks for the sun in the sky.
Thanks a lot. Thanks for the clouds so high.

Thanks a lot. Thanks for the whispering wind.
Thanks a lot. Thanks for the birds in spring.

Thanks a lot. Thanks for the moon lit night.
Thanks a lot. Thanks for the stars so bright.

Thanks a lot. Thanks for the wonder in me.
Thanks a lot. Thanks for the way I feel.

Thanks for the animals.
Thanks for the land.
Thanks for the people everywhere.

Thanks a lot. Thanks for all I've got.

It's a lot more profound when you hear it coming from Raffi himself. BUT if you must hear it now, you can check out some random guy named matthew singing it on his blog. Gotta love the internet!
http://matthew.castpost.com/172834.html

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

YESSSSSSS "Thanks A LOT"!!! My Favorite song in the whole wide world!!! Actually by reading the lyrics I can see why you like it. But I don't think I will personally going to my stereo and putting in Raffi's "Thanks A lot" song but may banana phone!!

Thursday, August 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I have pictures of hearing Banana Phone while working up in the clothe section of Romero House, which is funny cause today I was singing it while cleaning toilets, the guy with me suddenly says "hey your singing a Raffi song!" and I thought you had made it up..... Almost as good as Crapo....Crapooo, Crappooo

Thursday, August 10, 2006  
Blogger gray said...

Crapeau. Pronounced "Crap-o". Oh PEI you're a weird little island.

Thursday, August 10, 2006  
Blogger Shawn Branch said...

huh?

Friday, August 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home