Friday, August 04, 2006

Grateful to be Behind

I have a friend and when she laughs my hair stands on end because I know that God Himself is grinning with pride. Tonight she bought a yellow skirt with a butterfly and a rose embroidered on it. She picked it out herself and that was a really big deal. When she got home she was telling some one all about it on the phone, as I happened to come into the room. She said, "No it's true I did the whole thing myself, I even paid with my own money. Gray was right behind me the whole time."

Sometimes it's hard to stay "behind". Sometimes I just want to run ahead. I don't want to be patient and let people grow on there own. If I had my way I'd throw them on the rack and stretch them that last 6 inches. Praise the Lord I don't get my way.

What a blessing to be allowed by God to be a witness to that kind of growth and joy. I have discovered grace and beauty in being the stem of the rose and the cocoon of the butterfly.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome...keep it up Gray. I pray an annointing over your ministry as you continue to be a helping hand, AND a hand that let's go and watches from a distance.

God Bless

Saturday, August 05, 2006  
Blogger Jen said...

It makes sense to me now....hehehe

Monday, August 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home