Friday, August 04, 2006

Hold on tight...here we go!


I'm warning y'all out there that I won't be good at keeping this up, but I will be honest when I do. And that's the best I can offer.

So here we go, launching into the Blog-o-sphere.

Just in case there are folks out there who don't know me or who have forgotten everything that they DID know about me, or it's just been a while. I'll give you the nutshell.

I'm Gray and I live in Saint John, New Brunswick. I'm a Christian, but I'm not always very good at it. Fortunately I've got an amazingly gracious God who loves the socks off me. Oh Boy do I every love Him. In my small and imperfect way I'm trying to live for Him and seek His Kingdom in all that I do.

"But Gray what do you do?" you may well ask.

I live and love in a brand new L'Arche Community. L'Arche homes are made up of people with intellectual disabilities and the people who come along side of them to help create home. So I'm a homemaker. Sometimes I call myself a "Professional Lover"(which is a joke-just to be clear). Either way this is the most challenging and life giving thing I've ever lived. I'm stretched everyday and I love that. I cry a lot and I laugh a lot. I'm learning to stop doing and just be.

Jesus you said "Blessed are the poor in spirit".

Lord my ears had heard of you, but now my eyes have seen.

Another amazing piece of my life are the Brothers and Sisters, Christ has blessed me with in my Chruch Army family. If you've never met this crazy posse, who've missed out. Church Army is a group of men and women whom God has called to preach and live His word with a passionate desire to see folks come into relationship with Jesus Christ and His revolutionary Kingdom. We had our National Conference last month and let me tell you, what a joy and a privilege to worship with these people. At one point I was just in tears as I looked around the room and it felt like I was surrounded by God's Oaks and Cedars of Faith. In life they may be weathered and marred but in Christ they're strong, declaring God's praise. It inspires me and I'm grateful to be called by God and to be called a "Captain". How awesome is that! It makes us sound like super heros!


Well there it is. This ended up being a lot more serious than I imagined it would be. but hey it's a start. You'll have to come back though because let me tell you I'm fairly ridiculous and sometimes entertaining. So, until next time. xoxoxo

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe we should loose the suits and just wear capes and a hoody.
now i have to create a blog to leave a message, doh!!!!

Friday, August 04, 2006  
Blogger Shawn Branch said...

Hey there Gray Gillies,
I'm glad I can call you sister and see the wonderful things God is doing through you.
BTW, are you going to have cards written up that say:
Gray Gillies
"Professional Lover"

Friday, August 04, 2006  
Blogger Chris Burke said...

welcome to the blogging world gray!!

Friday, August 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY FOR GRAY!!!!!! WELCOME TO blog community. enjoy the ride you grazy person (gotta love the pun)

Friday, August 04, 2006  
Blogger Bonnie Hunt said...

hey great to see your blog. I love all the CA crew that are blogging, it so cool to keep up with what is going on.... now if I could only keep my blog up to date!!

Saturday, August 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home