Saturday, February 03, 2007

Explosion on the McKay Highway...

I have a cold. The kind which involves sneezing and coughing. ick.

yesterday morning I awoke to a world blanketed in snow. beautiful, clean, bright....and a pain in the bum to shovel.

After 40 minutes of shovelling I had unearthed the car and was headed out to do the morning drive. Thoughtfully, T. had made me tea in my fav travel mug for the road.

I slipped and slid my way to KV and was headed home when I remembered my tea. It was still warm. I was delighted to find that it was just the right balance of milk, sugar and tea.

I took a huge swig. and at precisely this moment my body, Lord love it, decides that I need to not only sneeze but also cough. I felt it coming, but alas it was too late to do anything.


Tea sprayed EVERYWHERE. There was tea dripping down the inside of the windshield. Tea in the various cubby holes of the dash board. Tea cascading in little rivers off the steering wheel and onto my now soaking leg and moist seat.

with a sense of disbelief and confusion I did the only logical thing I could think of with the tea that had managed to remain (miraculously) in my mouth...I spit it out.

And as the previously warm tea began to chill in the February air, I laughed. I laughed hard and tried to figure out what the heck to do.

I managed to mop up enough of the tea from the steering wheel to stop it from slipping from my hands. laughed a little more and made it home safe and sound.

later I cleaned the car. the dash board has never looked better.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

this story still makes me laugh...
i just wish i had of been there in the car with you or at least in another car passing you as you exploded...

man, why do cool things only happen to you??

Saturday, February 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know , i think if I new this story i would have gotten a ride home with Sarah Jane, though then I wouldn't be in a place of prayer, and thanking God for conformation and good friends.
Your t story makes me think of the time during our turnaround tour when I coughed up a vanilla shake on the van stearing wheel or the time you got mad at me for stopping in mirmachi for um, yeah I won't go any farther with that.
did you use bleach, all those germs, ick!!

Sunday, February 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the first time I actually laughed out loud while reading a blog (insert Christian's laugh here)

Thanks gray.

Monday, February 05, 2007  
Blogger Hilary Ladd said...

Oh dear...remind me to never read your blogs in class again. Danger! Had to mask it with a little coughing fit..

Friday, February 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahahaha, oh holy crap...talk about a catch, lolz (winky face here)
One time I yawned and hiccuped at the same time...there was a loud awkward noise...but no signs of mucus-type spatters anywheres...youre funny.

Monday, February 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home